This “Healthy” Drink Destroys Your Thyroid And Here are 10 More Reasons Why You Should Never Consume it
Over the last few years, soy milk became very popular and many people switched to this type of milk with intention to eat healthier. Unlike cow milk, the soy milk doesn’t contain lactose and it is a great alternative for vegans and people who are lactose intolerant.
Laboratory tests showed that fortified soy milk is low in cholesterol and saturated fats, and it is high in calcium, iron, protein and B vitamins. However, according to recent scientific researches, the consummation of soy milk seriously endangers the health.
To be more precise, sox milk contains the following ingredients:
- Soymilk (Filtered water, whole soybeans)
- Cane Sugar
- Sea Salt
- Natural Flavor
- Calcium Carbonate
- Vitamin A palmitate
- Vitamin D2
- Vitamin B12
Probably you are familiar with most of the above-mentioned ingredients, but have you ever hear about carrageenan? This ingredient belongs to a family of linear sulfated polysaccharides which are extracted from red edible seaweeds and these compounds are used in the food industry due to its stabilizing, gelling and thickening properties.
At this point it is important to highlight that the carrageenan doesn’t have any nutritional value and human body cannot digest it, regardless of the fact it is derived from a natural source. It is scientifically proved that this compound stimulates a negative immune response that leads to inflammation which makes it detrimental for the immune system.
After detailed studies, scientists discovered that there is link between carrageenan and the increased colon cancer rate. Moreover, this compound is linked with gastrointestinal inflammation that leads to chronic diarrhea, IBS, spastic colon and inflammatory bowel disease.
The decision about the type of food you consume is only yours, but in order to make the right choice it is important to stay well-informed about the food sold in the markets.
There are numerous debates about the effect that soy milk has on human health and on the internet you can find a lot of evidence that proves that this type of milk has a side-effect on the overall health.
Below we are going to present you several reasons why you should avoid consummation of soy milk:
- Soy foods, including soy milk are high in aluminum, which is toxic for the human organism and has a negative impact on the kidneys and the nervous system. There are studies which linked it with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Soy contains high amounts of plant estrogens celled phytoestrogens, which were proved to disrupt endocrine function and also might cause infertility and breast cancer in women.
- Soybeans are high in toxins that negatively affect the estrogen levels. Consummation of only 2 glasses pre a day alters the hormones in a woman’s organism and disrupts the menstrual cycle.
- Studies proved that soy contains toxic isoflavones (genistein and daidzein), compounds that were proved to trigger the growth of existing breast cancer.
- Soybeans as well as soy products contain high amounts of phytic acid, a type of acid that hinders the assimilation of zinc, copper, calcium, magnesium and iron.
- Soy foods are high in goitrogens, substances that inhibit the production of thyroid hormones.
- Soybeans contain high amounts of haemagglutinin, a clot-promoting substance that causes clumping of the red blood cells.
- During the spray-drying process of soy products, nitrates are formed, and these compounds are potent carcinogens.
- Even 99% of the soy is genetically modified which means, the soy products are extremely high in pesticides.
During the process of production of soy, the soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures and that makes them harmful for the human digestive system.