How To Grow An Unlimited Supply Of Lemons Using Just 1 Seed
Lemons are yellow, oval citrus fruits that offer numerous health benefits. Probably all of you would agree that taste of fresh lemonade is perfect for the hot, summer days. Lemon juice also is used for cooking and cleansing and its rind is used in cooking and baking as well.
It is considered that lemons are one of the healthiest foods on the planet due to its remarkable health benefits. Namely, lemons contain high amounts of vitamin C which is perfect for strengthening of the immune system and efficiently fights flu and cold, as well. This citrus fruit possesses potent anti-inflammatory properties and can be used as a treatment of medical issues such as osteoarthritis and arthritis.
There are scientific studies which have proved that lemon efficiently reduces the damage caused by free radicals. Lemons have high flavonoid content and possess powerful antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic properties.
In order to get all of its benefits it is advisable to use organic lemons. You can buy organic lemons in healthy food stores and stores with organic products. But, can you imagine having fresh lemon at your home whenever you need one? Well, read on as below we are going to explain you how to grow your own lemons using only one seed:
You will need:
- 1 lemon
- Soil of good quality
- A proper container or pot
- Breathable plastic film
- A sunny area
How to Plant Your Seed:
Take a bucket and place the soil it and then pour some water in order to dampen it. Next step is to put the moistened soil inside the container and leave approximately one inch of space below the rim. Slice the lemon and choose 1 seed in a good shape. Carefully remove the flesh from the seed. It is important not to dry it as you need to plant it moistened.
After that, make a hole in the soil (about ½ inch) and place the seed inside. Then, cover the seed and then water it using a watering can or squirt bottle.
Cover the container using the breathable plastic and place the container on warm area where the sunlight shines. It is important to find a balance when watering as if the soil is too moisture the seed can rot.
Take care and keep an eye on the plant for a week or two. Once you notice that it has started sprouting, remove the plastic cover. After the sprouting occurs you should move the plant to an area with direct sunlight.
Caring For Your Plant:
- It is extremely important to keep the soil with the sprout moist at all time, particularly when the lemon tree is young. Still, you also should watch out for the water not to build up. Another important thing is use a container or pot with drainage holes at the bottom.
- The lemon tree needs plenty of sunlight and it is important to expose your lemon tree to direct sunlight at least 8 hours a day. In order to grow your own lemon tree you need to find a place in your house or apartment suitable for that.
- Occasionally, you need to add fertilizer to your lemon tree.
- Over time, as the lemon tree grows bigger, you should transplant it to a bigger container. In case if the tree becomes too big for your house or apartment you can move it to your balcony, front porch or backyard.